Thursday, April 15, 2010

Final Masters Recital

It's rare that someone gets to show what they love and enjoy to a room full of their closest friends and family, but last night I got that experience.  I've been in the Harp Performance Masters program at the University of Utah for the past two years. For my program I had to give two solo recitals, last night was my last and final one. I'm so relieved and thrilled to be done with my recital.  It flew by!  I know I was on stage for over an hour but it felt like minutes.  And I loved how I played.  What an amazing feeling to enjoy your performance instead of being nervous the entire time.  It's also bittersweet, I worked really hard to learn and memorize all that music.  Much of my focus has been on my recital that for so long was in the future.  And now it's over. I'm relieved that it went so well, but sad that it was my last hooray at the U of U.  I guess it's on to my next adventure...