Sunday, March 22, 2009

Harp Lessons

I have had amazing teachers throughout my life. From them I have learned great technique and the fundamental harp repertoire. But most importantly I learned to enjoy music and to express that joy as I play. As a teacher myself, I have incorporated the best things I've learned from each of them. I stress the importance of solid technique and a beautiful, rich tone. I teach my students how to read music and the basics of music theory but my most important goal is to teach my students to love music.

I am currently accepting new students in the Salt Lake area. I teach at my home in Sugarhouse and have both a pedal harp and level harp for lessons. I teach using the traditional method, though am familiar with Sukuzi method and occasionally use their repertoire. I teach beginning, immediate, and advanced players and offer 30 and 60 minute lessons. I encourage performances and offer many opportunities to perform throughout the year.

If you are interested, please contact me and we'll set up an audition. I look forward to meeting you.